Cuban restaurant “La Bodeguita del Medio”21/20, Yaroslavov Val Street, Kyiv 01034, Ukraine
Tel: +380 44 272 6500
Away back at Old Havana, in the year 1942, one man, named Angel Martines had set up a small shop “La Casa Martinez”. Eventually a bar counter and a pair of seats appeared. Townsfolk usually argued about where to pass a few drinks—in the beginning or at the end of their block. And “Bodeguito del medio”—a small pub right in the middle of a block, which belonged to Angel, was often a decision which suited everyone. In 1950 Martines changed the signboard to La Bodeguita del Medio. Friends and regular visitors shortened and started calling it “Bodeguita”.
Astonishing success of Cuban La Bodeguita del Medio, was so significant, that some time later its twins started to appear throughout the whole world. Kiev was not an exception and soon it too appeared on the list of cities lucky to have one. Whereas Kyiv Bodeguita was opened on franchise position, it strictly copies all details of the “original”: starting from decorations and traditions and up to brand Mojito and excellent Creole cuisine.
Bodeguita is immortalized forever in words of good old Hemingway: “mojito in la Bodeguita”. At different times Bodeguita’s Mojito had won the appraisal of Errol Flynn, Harry Cooper, Mohammad Ali, Benny Moré, Brigitte Bardot, Peres Prado, Pierre Richard, Gérard Depardieu, Francis Ford Coppola and many-many others. Guests traditionally left their signatures on whe walls of the bar, leaving their gratitude for the great time and best Mojito in the world.
Leaving your name on the walls—is the most interesting tradition of Bodeguita. You can find writings on all languages here! The tradition is quite old, so it’s not an easy task to find some space for your writing. But we are sure that you will make it, and thus we are waiting for you: with our hands wide open and a glass of refreshing Mojito at the ready!
- Cuisine: Creole, Cuban
- Interiors: traditional Cuban style—colored glass paintings, wooden window blinders, giant ceiling ventilators and heavy wooden furniture
- Music: professional Cuban band (except Monday), on Mondays—Rumores music band
- Entertainment: possibility of sport events broadcasts, mojito-parties, carnivals, salsa and sigars master-classes
- Drinks: rum and genuine Cuban Mojito (without prejudice—best in the city), large variety of drinks and cocktails
- Signature dish: Vaka Frita (pieces of veal, grilled with authentic sauce); Moros y Cristianos (rice with black beans); Neleh cake
- Exclusive dishes for big companies: happy paella, desserts dish, Playa Varadero (freshest see food mixture)
- Drinks for big companies: best offer for any time of the year: a bucket full of Mojito (3 liters)!
- For breakfast: on weekdays from 10;00 till 12:00—breakfast menu
- For dinner: on weekdays from 12:00 till 16:00 dinner offer is active
- Features: free Wi-Fi, parking, cork-fee service, discount program
- Interior space: 3 halls for 30 to 100 people and a cigar-lounge; at summer time a shady summer patio is opened.