Czech Restaurant “Staromak”37-41, Artema Street, Kyiv 04053, Ukraine
Tel: +380 44 461 9109, +380 67 223 8109
In the historical centre of Prague City one may find the Old Town Square, having the monument to Jan Hus, the most beautiful Tynsky Cathedral and other places of interest. There are plenty of pubs and bars for those, who prefer joyous life, in the square. People of the capital of the Czech Republic prefer the shortened name “Staromak” to the official name “Old Town Square” (“Staromestskaya Ploshchad”).
Kiev “Staromak” is a place of the Czech Republic in the centre of our capital. While going in the noisy Artema Street, pay your attention to a long yellow picture, it shows a life of a Czech side street: with all its residents and their everyday cares. Have you seen? You are on the right way! A Czech side street brings you immediately to the entrance of “Staromak”. We warn you in advance: when you open the magic door of the restaurant, you will find yourself in the Czech Republic—from all corners of “Staromak” you may enjoy its unique romance and beer flavour. Staying in “Staromak”, excite all your sense organs: admire photos of urban views and large posters in Czech, scrutinize an infinitely long picture, illustrating the life of the Czech Republic, listen to the Czech radio and, of course, take pleasure of delicacies made according to the recipes of the Prague cooks!
Admirers of art will be surely interested with the Gallery Minus 4, located under the roof of “Staromak”. It is the place for exhibitions, performances, installations, chamber presentations and musicians’ acoustic concerts. One of the exhibit is the biggest kaleidoscope in Ukraine!
- Cuisine: Czech
- Interior: the image of light and warm Czech “pivnitsa” of the first half of XX century
- Music: Czech radio stations, national live music (on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- Entertainment: broadcasting of sports events, regular beer festivals, children’s holidays
- Drinks: Krusovice beer, Becherovka, spirits, vines, cocktails
- Specialty: roasted pork “wild boar’s knee” with mustard and horseradish; the duck stuffed with prune and apples
- Exclusive dishes for big groups of visitors: a dish of big Honsa (over 2,5 kg of meat!); Misa of Mrs. fishwoman, a meter’s sausage
- Drinks for big groups of visitors: always cold beer in 3-litre dispensers, a pail (3 l!) of BeTon cocktail (Becherovka with tonic)
- For children: we have a special children’s menu, games and colouring books
- For dinner: in working days from 11 a.m. till 4 p.m. we have a special dinner offer for you. Additionally, every 5th dinner in “Staromak”, offered to the visitors, is completely free of charge!
- Peculiarities: free Wi-Fi, MacFriendly program (to all owners of Apple computers—a baked apple as a gift!), a big parking space (please appeal to our guard and he will help you to park), cork-fee service, discount program
- Number of seats: banquet—up to 120 persons, stand-up party—up to 250 persons; we also have a separate room for 25 persons, a spacious terrace in the restaurant and during the warm months of the year—a wonderful summer food plot